MILeS 2022 – Multimodal Immersive Learning Systems – Extended Deadline July 11th
Second International Workshop – Call for Participation
Advances in the related fields of wearable sensors, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, and machine learning make it possible to connect these technologies into integrated learning solutions. The intersection of these fields of emerging technologies is an area of a lot of opportunities for innovative learning systems, but likewise a field of fuzzy expectations. With the second edition of this workshop, we want to contribute to the systematic organisation of the field and to the advancement of solutions.
The MILeS 2022 workshop is organised in the context of the German BMBF-funded research project MILKI-PSY, which aims to develop AI-supported, data-intensive, multimodal, immersive learning environments for the independent learning of psychomotor skills. This leads to a cross-domain approach that makes it possible to record the activities of experts in a multimodal manner and to use these recordings as blueprints for learners. With the help of AI-based analysis, learning progress is to be supported by automated error detection and automatically generated, individual feedback. This creates holistic, innovative environments for cultivating psychomotor skills, in which personalised AI support enables individual learning processes based on complex data analysis.
With the interdisciplinary workshop, we aim to bring together experts and practitioners from technology-enhanced learning and educational application of technologies to collect ideas, requirements, best practices, example cases in the intersection of Artificial Intelligence, Multimodal Systems, Immersive Systems and their application into actual education.
- Technologies for multimodal immersive learning systems
- Mobile, wearable, and pervasive technologies
- Sensors, sensor networks, and Internet of Things
- Augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality
- Artificial intelligence
- User experience in multimodal immersive learning systems
- Pedagogical concepts for multimodal immersive learning systems
- User acceptance of multimodal immersive learning systems
- Application fields for multimodal immersive learning systems
- Psychomotor skill training
- Human-robot interaction
- Simulations and immersive learning games
- Evaluation approaches for multimodal immersive learning systems
MILeS 2022 combines the classic ‚mini-conferences‘ approach with a technology showroom and working group meetings around a specific problem.
The MILeS 2022 workshop takes place as part of the EC-TEL 2022 conference (European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning). Registration for the workshop needs to be done via the EC-TEL website.
- We invite extended abstract submissions between 2 and 5 pages, including references.
- Submissions should follow the Springer LNCS format: https://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0
- Submissions should be properly blinded from authors’ identities and affiliations
- Submissions should be uploaded in PDF format through the EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=miles2022
- Submissions will be reviewed by members of the workshop program committee.
- Accepted papers will be presented in the workshop and included in the workshop proceedings.
- June 1st – Launch of the workshop website and send out your call for participation in the workshop.
July 4thJuly 11th – Submission deadline for applications/submissions (extended).
- July 21st – Sending out notifications of acceptance (in advance of EC-TEL’s early bird deadline). Please remember that later deadlines may mean participants miss early bird registration!
- September 12th-13th – Workshop is held (Toulouse, France).
Programme Committee and Organisers
- Roland Klemke, TH Köln and Open Universiteit Nederland
- Khaleel Asyraaf Mat Sanusi, TH Köln
- Daniel Majonica, TH Köln
- Anja Richert, TH Köln
- Valerie Varney, TH Köln
- Tobias Keller, TH Köln
- Bibeg Limbu, TU Delft
- Jan Schneider, DIPF
- Daniele Di Mitri, DIPF
- George-Petru Ciordas-Hertel, DIPF
- Fernando P. Cardenas-Hernandez, DIPF
- Gianluca Romano, DIPF
- Miloš Kravčík, DFKI
- Benjamin Paaßen, DFKI
- Ralf Klamma, RWTH
- Michal Slupczynski, RWTH
- Stefanie Klatt, Deutsche Sporthochschule
- Mai Geisen, Deutsche Sporthochschule
- Tobias Baumgartner, Deutsche Sporthochschule
- Nina Riedl, Deutsche Sporthochschule